Things You Need To Know
Prolouge
Greentown wasn't ideal. It wasn't even green. Sand dusted our driveway and caked my bedroom window. Greentown was about 3 miles in width and 5 miles long. About 140 people populated it. Yet, I still didn't know everyone. Atleast 70 of those people went to school. Maybe more, maybe less. Out of 70 kids I knew exactly 15. But I was only close to four. (By the way, I love math.) One of the 4 had 17 piercings, Gwen. The second weighed weighed exactly 218 lbs.; Tom was into working out. The third had 22 phobias;
>Acousticophobia- Fear of noise.
>Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
>Consecotaleophobia- Fear of chopsticks.
>Teratophobia- Fear of bearing a deformed child or fear of monsters or deformed people.
>Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
>Vitricophobia- Fear of step-father.
>Phagophobia- Fear of swallowing or of eating or of being eaten.
>Papaphobia- Fear of the Pope.
>Mottephobia- Fear of moths.
>Koniophobia- Fear of dust.
>Geniophobia- Fear of chins.
>Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.
>Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.
>Electrophobia- Fear of electricity.
>Carnophobia- Fear of meat.
>Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.
>Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
>Apiphobia- Fear of bees.
>Amychophobia- Fear of scratches or being scratched.
>Ailurophobia- Fear of cats.
>Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
>Samhainophobia: Fear of Halloween.
>Toxiphobia or Toxophobia or Toxicophobia- Fear of poison or of being accidently poisoned.
That was Noah, and for the fun of it we pretty much took him everywhere. And then there was Mark. He was dating 7 girls and only 2 knew. His phobia was anuptaphobia. (The fear of being single.)
Despite its low population, Greentown was exciting. Oddly exciting. Gwen, Tom, Noah, Mark and I explored the abandoned houses and shops which I had been doing since i was eleven and hadn't been to the same place since then. My friends explored one atleast every two months. We considered it a treat, but in all honesty, we were too wimpy to be caught. Before we started "Breaking and Entering" we would research the place. Greentown had A LOT of historical landmarks. But of course, no tourists. I worked for a title searcher where I memorized information. Each place had an interesting detail. A bar that caught on fire, a house littered with broken glass but no broken windows, or a lot that was "haunted."
Then, we'd drive by the place to see what we were working with. Noah would whine hysterically when we finally entered the property. Gwen would hold his hand and he would grin from ear to ear, nodding at Tom and Mark and me. No place was ever too dangerous, just... risky. Broken floorboards, shattered porcelain... that kind of stuff.
But this story is something we weren't prepared for.
No comments:
Post a Comment