5.08.2010

365 PROJECT/POST:may 8th, 2010

MY OPINIONS ON INSPIRATION...
&&&
"The Wheels Turning" is probably the most common phrase for the word "inspiration." When I'm inspired, though, it feels different. Most of my inspiration comes from a split-second of pure silence, or more likely, me drowning out all noise. Staring at the dying flame of a candle, for instance, intrigues me to write a short story with the light of a fire as the focal point. But the feeling of inspiration is what makes me write this in my point of view today.
At first, I see something, and all is quiet. I'm too afraid to move, thinking that I may spoil it. Time slows. My eyes lock. I smell nothing and feel nothing, except for the weightless seed moving restlessly in the pit of my stomach. And without warning, the seed bursts into my diaphragm, blooming into a huge flower that wraps itself around my torso. Every atom of every petal on the flower tingles and breathes like a million living organisms mustering up into the world inside of me from the depths of nowhere. A smile creeps across my lips and the life between my ribcage subsides. Time and sound and smell capture me and bring me back to Earth.
That small moment is my inspiration. No rickety gears mill about my mind. Only a few seconds away from simply everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

for your listening pleasure:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones